Sunday, April 22, 2007

The Mexican Martini

Lately, I have had some strong cravings for a mexican martini. Now the challenge here is finding places that serve good ones. Let me tell you, if you order one and it's bad you could be scarred for life. I may need to start a list of places where not to order them, Freddies for example...save yourself some money and stick to their margaritas. You can thank me later for this nugget of info.


This weekend I had to stay in like a good Samaritan and study or catch up rather on all of the reading I have not done for a final that I take on Wednesday. Some things about me haven't changed;) Now taking my cue from a friend of mine that finds time each and every weekend to sprinkle in some fun even though she has tons of work to crank out, I got the bright idea to walk over to Curras for you guessed it a mexican martini ( I remembered they have a pretty good one). Not to worry I took my books with me and am proud to announce that I cranked out a few chapters of reading/note taking. I highly recommend combining a good martini with the mundane tasks one has to deal with over the weekend. I must say this helped me to condense my note taking and leave out the trivial stuff that I can't ever decide if it's important to know or to discard.

Eventually I conned another friend to come meet me so I could have another martini and 3 later I rolled down the hill back to my house;)

6 comments:

MW said...

mmmm..mescan martinis.
what happened to our sundays?

Tiffany said...

Fact: It is hard to run with a martini glass in my hand.

Jane said...

Sorry I missed study hall! Even sorrier to miss the mexican martinis!!

Loved your messages on Saturday...it was a hard weekend and took a lot out of me.

Sunday I was only up for sleeping ;-)

Unknown said...

The Cedar door on 2nd and Brasos had pretty good MM. Pain in the butt to pour them but after 3 I was getting the hang of it.

Aldo Sunaryo said...

Try Trudy's Mexican Martini...best one I've had.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Gordon, the Cedar Door Mexican Martini is the best. They says it's the orginal mexican martini too.
www.cedardooraustin.com/mexican_martini.html