Friday, July 20, 2012

Seattle

Seattle, I'm dying to see you again. It's been eons I know, but you have so many cool things to do and see, I must hurry back. While I can't make it this year I promise to visit soon. (Buying an a/c instead, painful but necessary)

I used to work for a company that was based in Seattle and had the privilege of visiting several times a year. I will admit once I left the job Seattle built some uber cool buildings I'm dying to see.  
via Here
via IdeasforHouses
I'm dying to see the Experience the Music Building designed by Frank Gehry. While I understand not everyone is a fan of his work, I think it's so out there kinda cool. 
via IdeasforHouses

via IdeasforHouses

via IdeasforHouses
via arcspace
Goodness knows I like a good book and lately I'm noticing quite a few cool builds of public libraries. The Seattle Public Library is another one I'd like to see. Designed by Rem Koolhaas OMA

via OMA
via HistoryLink
Hello, bright and fun reading room. Who wouldn't want to plop down in a chair and read for a bit.
via Here
I can't wait to see what Austin's new downtown library will look like.

Clearly, I lost site of this post being about Seattle. Perhaps, there will be a part 2 because there's way more to do than visit 2 cool buildings. Next time...

2 comments:

Sadie J said...

Chad and I are visiting Seattle in September. Can't wait! Now I'll think of you every time we see a cool building. :)

Unknown said...

Take tons of pictures...have fun!!!