Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Happy 4th of July

via Google Images

Today is the first day of my final year in my 30's. That's a bit of a mouthful. Hard to believe this past decade will be coming to an end in 365/364 days. So many things have changed and I still feel as if I'm 31, except for when I first get out of bed in the morning and feel more like 91. 
I'm finally at peace with this next new number and the nearing of a new decade. When turning 38 it was a big fat WOAH moment as in, I'm not nearly as far in life as I "should" be at this age. I had to stop and ask, "says who?" I did move from San Francisco to Austin, bought my first condo, got another degree (for me, this time), adopted a dog/became a parent...all of these are adult accomplishments and completely different accomplishments from my 20's. Cheers to a New Birth Year!!! 

1 comment:

dr mel said...

Happy birthday, KJ! You have accomplished a lot this decade...go out with a bang this year!