Thursday, May 17, 2007

KAPUT

My legs are officially kaput. Yesterday involved another 2-fer. I knew after the first work out my legs were beat but did that stop me from the second part of the day's work-out. Hell no!

5:30am met my running peeps for what was supposed to be an easy 10 miler. We usually do this run on Friday but since everyone is out of town this weekend we upped the day for the longer run. I don't know what happened but for some odd known reason this run turned out to be more of a "race" pace. Legs dead by the time I got home.

The second work-out was to be a bike ride, keep in mind I'm just getting "back in the saddle." I e-mailed Lulu secretly hoping she couldn't make our afternoon ride;) No such luck. So I plopped my lazy butt on the couch to "rest" until it was time to head to the Veloway.

It's official I've finally clipped into the bike and happy to report I didn't take Coop or Lulu out during the ride. Now, when it came time to clip out I had to keep pedaling until I figured out which side I was most comfortable in getting out of. I swear I slowed down to 5mph before I decided on the right foot.

Katy Flatlands here I come!!!

5 comments:

Erin said...

Katy for Katie. huh huh.

We're going to have a blast - you, me, Maggie, Kris & Glenda! What a room.

MW said...

Go Katie! It's your birthday.

Missychel said...

I inspire to be able to run one of those early morning runs and keep up with you....You kick butt!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks Michelle! It was sooo humid today. Great to see you and Amber early this am!!!

md said...

way to go Katie! I'm most impressed with you. can't wait for Katy flatlands.