Friday, June 22, 2007

Procrastination 101

I really think I should be a professional procrastinator. I'm extremely good at it. I've gotten rid of my wireless connection at home to cut down on my internet time and ways to procrastinate. As you can see today it's not helping me so much. I'm at The Green Muse using their internet when I'm really supposed to be studying for my bartender exam I'm taking this afternoon. Nevermind the big ass project I have to build this weekend. So far I have spent about 60 hours (in a 5 day period) on my project that is due this Monday and the sad thing is I have a good 20 or so more hours to go. I love school I really do it's just going to be an intense 2 years!!!

For the record I've wasted an entire hour perusing the net...guess I should get to bizness!!!

9 comments:

md said...

Katie! well that explains why I'm missing your updates. good luck with the project....and I want to hear more about your bartender exam!!

M said...

Hi Katie,

I’ve seen you like to run! I’m from the Netherlands and running is also a hobby of mine.

I’ve developed a GPS running webpage. This webpage draws a line in Google Earth so that you can see where you have been. You also can ‘fly’ above the route by pressing ‘play’. When you have uploaded your trip you can analyze your run by means of height, heartbeat and speed graphs.

You can even put your trip on your own web log. Check mine to see how that looks like.

All these features are free and I hope you have some time to check the TTSM webpage.

There are already a lot of runners active at our page. Here’s a trip of the New York friendship run of 2006.

Regards,

Martyn

Jane said...

Get back to work!

Kris said...

I love procrastinating, too. In fact, I'm doing it now!! We should have a procrastination-off and see which of us is better at it.

How did your bartender exam go and did you get your project done??

Unknown said...

One project down now on the second one and semester ends next Friday, 7/6...another sleepless week;)

Thanks for asking!!!

Joey said...

Bartender exam. Did I miss a meeting? Are you going to be slinging drinks somewhere? And if so, I think I have a new favorite place to drink...

Missychel said...

did someone say drinks? there is actually an exam? funny....I missed that day of school back in 1990.:) i was illegal for over 10 years then.

Anonymous said...

I never consider it procrastination - I just tell everyone that when my mind is darn ready it will start and in the mean time, I will occupy myself doing other cool stuff.

Jane said...

Good luck with session II, Katie!