Monday, March 19, 2007

What To Do

Ok, so once it was taper time for the marathon I was in serious runner burn-out mode. I was tired of getting up before the rooster crowed, the insane weekly mileage, being dead as a doornail every Saturday and not drinking that much trying to be the good samaritan all of this was getting onto my nerves.

Now marathon training/race is over and I couldn't be happier...the only problem is I have all of this excess energy and not sure where to direct it. I want to take a break from running but am a little concerned that nothing else will get rid of my aggression the way running does. No perverted comments please!!! This past week was spring break and I managed to drink myself into oblivion more than once...don't get me wrong Jarvis and I had a grand time but if I continue at last week's rate I will need a liver transplant before my next birthday;)

The next non-running challenge is my inability to sleep as well as my muscles spasming out all night long. Just when I think I'm about to fall asleep my right leg starts bouncing around uncontrollably which sends me into a fit of giggles (please don't ask my why this is funny) and guess what back to square one in trying to fall asleep again. I do need 8 hours of sleep but lately it's closer to 5 and I'm not a nice person when sleep deprived.

Now what???

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to start quilting with Buzz's mom. :)

Cheers to a fun spring break. --sj

JohnF said...

These are the classic symptoms of withdrawal. You have an addiction. I tried to take a break once after a training program ended. I thought I could catch up on other things in life, but I couldn't sleep and could not get anything else done in the sleep deprived state. Had to find something else to train for. Damn you, Rogue!

Tiffany said...

Did you and Jarvis get your hair braided for spring break and matching airbrushed shirts? I need a spring break!! :)