Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Category 3



The Rolling Stones, Zilker Park, Oct 22nd and I was a category 3...makes for an interesting time to say the least. The afternoon, yes, this was a long school night, started out right. 4ish drinks at Lucky Lounge with some cool peeps and the understanding we would order pizza before heading down to Zilker for the show. Oh, yeah, you guessed right we never got around to the pizza part. I'm a 33 year young woman I know drinking on empty is no longer an option, problem is if I've already been drinking my decision making is questionable.



We're thinking we'll get to the park and get food there...keep in mind we were drinking at Lucky until the bitterend; get to the park lines way too long and we really NEED another drink before the Stones go on stage...again decision making skills not so great.



My friend, Mike, had some sweet tickets and the few brain cells left working we, I've dragged Jarvis girl with me, decide to text him and see where he is. Mike called back trying to give us directions to him...poor guy my comprehension of the English language wasn't going so well at this point. After asking him the same question for the 50th time I realize I should pull Sharon in on this. WE LOVE MIKE!!! He had wrist bands waiting for us to join him in the "special" radio shak section. Thank goodness we were ropped in I don't think I needed to be loose with 40 some odd thousand people...not too mention I was probably heading to a category 4.

Good times, great friends & a "somewhat" memorable night;)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

"somebody buy me a beer!"

Anonymous said...

Awesome. Awesome. Awesome.

Anonymous said...

"Do you know her?"

Unknown said...

Sweet!

still have no idea even with his arm in one of the pix...

Unknown said...

No, I don't know her...HA!HA!HA!

Anonymous said...

We do love Mike. And Craig. And Kevin. And the Stones. And your friend from work who bought the big red wines. And the people who danced with us. And the people who walked out with us (and let us get a tempo run in around them). We loved it all. Fun, fun, fun.

Jane said...

You make me so proud!!

Anonymous said...

No, really...

Somebody buy me a beer! Like maybe tonight.

Cheers!