Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Mixin' the Elements

I am currently obsessed with mixed elements in the architecture/design world. Particularly, the mix of wood, metal and glass. This seems to be all I'm pinning on my pinterest boards. I've decided there are two reasons for my newest obsession. One being that it's a modern look but not uber modern. Uber modern to me has no color and while I LOVE color I can't necessarily commit to one in my house. I don't want the colorless house either, which is uber modern to me. My second reason is I'm not committed to one color way or scheme for my house, as in, warm or cool tones. Mixed elements have both therefore, I can change my accent pieces on a whim and it doesn't involve a can of paint. I call this a win! What's your design preference? Below are pix of my mixed elements of love.

via Freshome
via La Dolce Vita
via The Decorista
I love, love, love this kitchen...the colors make me swoon!

via House Beautiful
via French by Design
via  Inspired Mr. Stevens
via The Decorista

No comments: